Advances in understanding endodontic pathosis, the importance of aseptic technique, innovative microsurgical techniques and microscope technology have all led to a more predictable healing response for endodontic treatment. The AAE has developed practical tools to help endodontists with case assessment:
- Endodontic Case Difficulty Assessment Article
- Reading List
- AAE Case Difficulty Assessment Form and Guidelines
(PDF File, 587KB) This newsletter discusses endodontic treatment planning, case assessment and referral from a specialist’s perspective.
(PDF File, 48KB) A comprehensive list of references supporting the topic of case assessment and referral.
(PDF File, 411KB) The Assessment Form enables a practitioner to assign levels of difficulty to a particular case by assessing risk factors that may affect the outcome of treatment. The form may also be used to assist with referral decision making and record keeping.
- Educator’s Guide to Using the AAE Endodontic Case Difficulty Assessment Form
- Forging Effective Alliances for Quality Patient Care
- Antibiotic Prophylaxis Quick Reference Guide
(PDF File, 44KB) This guide is designed to assist educators in teaching predoctoral dental students objective evaluation and decision-making skills in endodontics.
(PDF File, 127KB) This article discusses the value of effective referral relationships.
(PDF File, 107KB)