Dr. Pawluk and Staff are always focused on relieving your symptoms and saving your natural tooth. There are certain circumstances when a tooth cannot be saved and removal is necessary. Our staff is uniquely trained to help our patients make the important decision about the prognosis of a tooth and whether endodontic therapy or implant placement will provide long-term success. Dr. Pawluk and Staff are experienced and skilled in extracting, bone grafting and placing dental implants. When indicated, we can help you and your restorative dentist replace a hopeless or missing tooth with a dental implant.
Dental implants are the most durable and functional tooth replacement option available today. The implant is comprised of a titanium post that serves as the root of your replacement tooth, a porcelain crown, and an abutment that attaches the crown to the implant. With proper oral care, a dental implant can replace a natural tooth for a lifetime.
Benefits of dental implants
There are numerous reasons why dental implants are the GOLD STANDARD option for tooth replacement.
- Reliability. Implant placement surgery is one of the most effective types of surgery with a success rate of over 95%.
- Oral health. With other tooth replacement options, the bone where the root used to be may deteriorate over time, causing neighboring teeth to shift and loosen. Implants are the only option that helps prevent bone loss in the jawline.
- Convenience. Once the implant is placed, it serves all the functions of a natural tooth. No eating restrictions or speaking impediments.
- Confidence. Implants are nearly indistinguishable from natural teeth. Smile more often with a full, healthy set of teeth.
Placing the implant
First, Dr. Pawluk and Staff will take x-rays of your mouth and determine the optimal placement of the implant along your jawline. Once the implant has been surgically placed, the abutment and crown will be attached during the restoration procedures. Most patients report less pain during recovery than with wisdom teeth extractions, but any discomfort can be treated with over-the-counter pain medication. If you are anxious about any stage in the implant procedure, the team at Endodontic Associates of Illinois is always ready and willing to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Stages of dental implant treatment
- The titanium implant is placed into your jaw. Over the next few months, the implant and bone osseointegrate (grow together).
- Once the implant is integrated with your bone, an abutment is placed into the dental implant.
- Your replacement tooth is then attached to the abutment for a beautiful, natural appearance.
For more information on dental implants in Naperville, Yorkville and Oakbrook Terrace, contact the Endodontic Associates of Illinois.